Jee Advanced is over now and people desperately waiting for the result and it will be announced soon but right after that you all will be worried about the counselling procedure, so to make it easy for you guys Engihacks has compiled the whole process of JoSAA counselling in this article.
After the announcement of the JEE Advanced Result & JEE Main (AIR), the JoSAA 2017 counselling will be started. Only those candidates will be able to participate in the counselling process who have secured rank in the rank list. JEE Advanced 2017 seat allotment will be started from 19th June 2017 to 18th July 2017. Registration, filling & locking choices, seat acceptance fee payment process will be done via online mode. Document verification and other reporting processes will be conducted through offline mode.
JoSAA Counselling Schedule
Here is the schedule of JoSAA Counselling 2017:
|Registration & filling choices||June 15, 2017|
|Display of mock seat allocation
||1. June 20, 2017
2. June 23, 2017
|Last date for registration & filling choices||June 26, 2017|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||June 27, 2017|
|1st round seat allocation||June 28, 2017|
|1st round seat acceptance||Four to five days|
|Display of seat availability||After 1st round seat acceptance|
|2nd round seat allocation||July 4, 2017|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||Two days|
|Display of seat availability||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|3rd round seat allocation||July 7, 2017|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||Two days|
|Display of seat availability||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|4th round seat allocation||July 10, 2017|
|4th round acceptance of seats||One or two days|
JoSAA Counselling Procedure
The JoSAA Counselling 2017 has been divided into various steps. Here we have mentioned the step by step counselling process:
Step-1: Filling Choices
Candidates are required to login in the JoSAA portal with their JEE Main 2017 roll number and password. No fee shall be charged for filing the choices. Candidates have to fill the choices under the prescribed date. Students don’t forget to lock their filled choices before submitting. In the case of candidates forget to lock their choices, last saved choices will be locked automatically.
Step-2: Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation
Candidates can check the seat allotment through the website. Once the candidate has been allotted a seat, candidates are needed to download the provisional seat allocation letter and pay the seat acceptance fee. The seat acceptance fee will be Rs. 20,000/- for SC, ST, Gen-PWD, SC-PWD, ST-PWD and OBC-NCL-PWD categories and Rs. 45,000/- for all other categories. Fee payment can be made using SBI net banking or e-challan. Seats will be confirmed after the verification of documents. Candidates who reject the allotted seats are not eligible for further rounds. Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to candidates in case of not appearing at the reporting centre.
Step-3: Document Verification
Students are needed to appear at the reporting centre for document verification process. Candidates have to report to the centre at the prescribed date & time. The list of document verification centre will be published through the website. Don’t forget to bring the required original documents along with the photocopies. In the case of candidate fails to produce the documents, the allotted seat will be cancelled.
In case candidates have selected the float option and they have allotted a better seat in the further counselling rounds, then the candidates are needed to report again for document verification and seat acceptance.
Step-4: Reporting at the Admitting Institution
After completing the seat allocation, seat acceptance and document verification process, candidates are required to report to the allotted college or university. After reporting, students have to complete further admission formalities to confirm admission.
Other Counselling Process
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Students who accept the allotted seats and do not want to participate in further counselling rounds.
- Float: Students accept the allotted seats and also looking for admission to a better preference, they will accept it. Such aspirants will be considered for further counselling rounds.
- Slide: Candidates accept the allotted seats and also seeking for admission to an academic programme of better preferences within the same college or institution. Candidates will be considered for further admission process.
- Candidates can make changes from float to slide/ free and slide, etc. by reporting to the reporting centre.
- Changes cannot be made in the last round of seat allocation.
- Slide and float option will be given only for those candidates who have not offered admission to their first preference.
JoSAA Participating Institutes 2017
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 Participating Institutes is a list of 92 institutes, which comprises of 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 GFTIs. Based on their performance in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017, candidates will be offered admission to the undergraduate engineering programmes at various participating institutes of JoSAA.
JoSAA Participating Institutes 2017
|S . NO||Name of the Institutes||Number of Institutes|
|1.||Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)||22|
|2.||Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)||20|
|3.||National Institutes of Technology (NITs)||31|
|4.||Government Funded Technical Institutes (other GFTI-s)||18|
JoSAA Reporting Centres 2017
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 will announce the names and addresses of reporting centres of JoSAA 2017 in the third week of June 2017. Candidates will have to be present at these reporting centres to get their seats confirmed for admission to various undergraduate engineering programmes that are offered by various participating institutes for the academic year 2017-18.
Points to Remember
JoSAA Rank List 2017
The common rank list will be prepared after the declaration of the JEE Advanced 2017 and JEE Main 2017 result. The rank lists are prepared according to categories and institutes.
|1.||Common Rank List||This list includes candidates belonging to GEN, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC, SC-PwD, ST or ST-
PwD. Foreign tag candidates are part of the CRL prepared that is based on JEE (Advanced) 2017
|2.||OBC-NCL||This list includes candidates belonging to OBC-NCL or OBC-NCL-PwD|
|3.||SC||This list includes candidates belonging to SC or SC-PwD.|
|4.||ST||This list includes candidates belonging to ST or ST-PwD|
|5.||CRL-PwD||This will include candidates who fall in the category of GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, or ST-PwD|
|6.||OBC-NCL-PwD||This will comprise of candidates belonging to OBC-NCL-PwD|
|7.||SC-PwD||This will include candidates belonging to SC-PwD|
|8.||ST-PwD||This will include candidates belonging to ST- PwD category|
Important Points – JoSAA Rank List 2017
- Candidates who appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Advanced 2017 will be included in the rank list of JEE Advanced 2017.
- The marks scored by a candidate in Physics (JEE Advanced 2017) will be equivalent to those scored in Physics part of Paper 1 plus the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 2. Similar practice will be followed for Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The aggregate marks scored by a candidate in JEE Advanced 2017 is the sum of the marks scored in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- On the basis of the aggregate marks scored by candidates in JEE Advanced 2017, the rank lists will be prepared.
JoSAA Rank List 2017- Tie-breaking policy
In case two or more candidates have same aggregate marks, then the below given tie-breaker policy will be followed for determining the rank:
(i) Higher rank will be awarded to the candidate who has obtained more marks in Mathematics.
(ii) In case this does not break the tie, higher rank will be given to the candidate who has scored more marks in Physics.
(iii) In case there is a tie even after this, candidates will be awarded the same Rank.
Note: If the candidate fulfils the minimum marks and category criteria, then in that case, the candidate’s name can appear in more than one rank list.
Seat Withdraw Process:
- Students who have already accepted a seat can withdraw the accepted seat by appearing at the reporting centre before the last round.
- After choosing the withdraw option, the candidate will not be permitted to participate in further admission rounds.
- Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to students after deducting Rs.1000/- processing charge.
- Candidates can not withdraw seats after the announcement of last round seat allocation.
- To withdraw seats, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of cancelled cheque (same account) in jpg format and download the withdrawal request letter.
- The letter should be duly signed by the candidates and their parents and report to the reporting centre.
Changes in 12th class Marks:
- Through the revision of marks, if students become eligible for admission such candidates have to report to the reporting centre with the revised mark sheet. Such candidates will be allotted seats in the subsequent round (for IITs and ISM).
- For other institutions, in the case of a change in 10+2 marks, students have to contact the JEE Apex Board for the modified JEE Main AIR.
Documents Required for Verification
Here we are providing a list of required documents at the time of JoSAA Counselling 2017:
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter.
- Admit card and rank card of the entrance examination.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Medical examination report.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- PWD certificate (if applicable).
If you have any doubt regarding this, drop your question in comments and we will get you the best answer for it.